Sunday 25 October 2009

Kicking it with the Collaborations ---

Why is it that so many of us 90's children just view Kickers as a cool brand for school shoes?! Kickers was born from Denim, and had people such as Noel Gallagher rocking them out on stage!
Over the past couple of years Kickers have tried to to turn this 'School image' back around, by doing many many collaborations with a hot mix of British designers, stylists and illustrators in 2007.
SO why do I feel these efforts have almost gone without the deserved recognition?!
Husam el Odeh
I am fond of this Jewellery designer and already have a little necklace of his. He has done alot of work for Marios Schwab's catwalk collections. Hence, when I discovered these blinged up Kickers, much to my suprise, I became completely smitten by them! Husam added silver plating onto the heel, the collar, the facing and the laces are made of a silver fleurette necklace.


House of Holland
Happy Multi-coloured boots with an attitude! Even Agyness Dean rocked out a pair! Not too sure about them myself ... but if Agyness can wear a pair, why can't I! Here they are on the catwalk!

PS - Got to love the quote on the last images T-shirt - "GRAB MY WIENER"


Charlotte Mann

ReallyReally love these boots, the illustrations completely re-vamp and give them a different edge. Add these to my wardrobe and I would be more than chuffed. The left boot has a drawing of an oak tree on it and the right boot a beech tree, the boot comes with 16 different tags 8 girls and 8 birds.



Simon Foxton
The Fashion Editor of I-D magazine designed these boots, with almost a workwear/DocMartin edge to them, they have effortless style.
Peter Jensen
Turtle Print? Not too sure, but they are suddenly quirky, which fits in with the Kickers brand identity, and the down-to-earth almost hippy image that the Kickers brand was born from.

Noki
Noki planted an urban street style onto the Kickers, the use of receycled leather jackets on the quilted leather is a great idea.
Siv Stoldal

Out of all the re-vamped Kickers, Siv Stoldal's are my least favourite, nothing about them draws me to them, or makes me have a second glance ... a subtle change on the underneath of the shoe does give it a unique advantage. The theme of the shoe is safety and it is trimmed with a special reflective material as well as having a flashing red light in the heel that is triggered by motion sensors. But is this not just a copy of the children's light-up flashing trainers, I'm going to need some convincing!!


Helena x

No comments:

Post a Comment